Give to End ALS
Support I AM ALS
I AM ALS is a patient-led community that provides critical support and resources to those living with ALS, caregivers, and loved ones; empowers advocates to raise awareness and advocate for their community’ needs; increases federal funding for ALS research; and revolutionizes the development of treatments and cures. None of this would be possible without the thousands of grassroots work and donations we receive each year. We would be honored to have you as one of our donors.
Support for I AM ALS allows us to:
- Provide 1:1 support to more people living with ALS and those impacted by ALS through our expert ALS support team
- Connect people living with and impacted by ALS to one another for support through the Peer Support Initiative and weekly topic-based support groups
- Create programming and resources to amplify the actions and messages of marginalized community members.
- Increase awareness and visibility about ALS to the general public
- Advocate for legislation that will benefit people living with ALS and their caregivers and loved ones
- Drive change through community-formed and -led action-oriented advocacy groups organized by topic and focus and and large awareness events (e.g. the ALS Awareness Month flag event, Lou Gehrig Day events)
- Mobilize the larger ALS community to take action to help advance the ALS cause by signing petitions, contacting their legislators, and building regulatory relationships
- And so much more!
Since 2019, I AM ALS has launched as a patient-led movement with the audacity to change the world. Four years later we have grown an engaged and active community of people living with and impacted by ALS.
- 200+ incredible advocates attend community team meetings regularly
- 45,000+ people get email updates from I AM ALS
- 295,000+ actions have been taken to end ALS through IAA’s website
- Dozens of partnerships with organizations and institutions that make our collective work stronger
- 15,000+ hand-written thank you notes sent to donors
- Millions of people reached with ALS awareness messages
- $80 million secured in fiscal year 2023 funding for Act for ALS with $75 million specifically for the Expanded Access Program (EAP) to help get medicines into bodies of people with ALS
- CDMRP funding for ALS has doubled twice: $10 million – $20 million – $40 million
- Changed the clinical trial conversation to include Open Label Extensions and Expanded Access Programs through the development and implementation of the Patient-Centric Trial Design (PaCTD) Rating System
If you have questions, interest in restricted support, or would like to make a donation of stock or assets, please reach out to [email protected]
Want to donate by mail instead? Send checks made payable to I AM ALS to:
I AM ALS
1200 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, #14135
Washington, DC 20044