How to Build Your Care Plan
Learning more about you or your loved one’s diagnosis and care plan can empower you to actively participate in planning care. Sometimes it’s hard to know where to start or what questions to ask. We have created a series of checklists with questions to ask your care teams to help get you started.
Download these helpful checklists
- Questions to ask leading up to an ALS diagnosis
- Get prepared for your first visit after ALS is confirmed
- Identify & communicate your values for care
- Questions to ask about respiratory symptoms & care
- Questions to ask about physical therapy
- Questions to ask about occupational therapy
- Questions to ask about PEG feeding tubes
- Questions to ask about supportive care
- Questions to ask while interviewing potential caregivers
- Questions to ask a potential home health agency
- Questions to ask about clinical trials
- Questions to ask about a specific clinical trial
- Email/Fax template for clinical trials
- Clinical trials medical records and information checklist
- VA checklist for veterans living with ALS
- Planning guide for loved ones of a veteran with ALS
You might find these helpful:
Questions To Ask a Potential Home Health Agency
This checklist from I AM ALS has questions to help guide your discussion with potential home health agencies so you can narrow your options and select the one that best fits your needs.
Questions to Ask While Interviewing Potential Caregivers
This checklist from I AM ALS is a helpful starting point when interviewing potential caregivers so you can find someone with the skills, personality and values to best fit your needs.