- develop my ALS caregiving toolkit
- Advocating for Your Loved One
How to Build Your Care Plan
Learning more about you or your loved one’s diagnosis and care plan can empower you to actively participate in planning care. Sometimes it’s hard to know where to start or what questions to ask. We have created a series of checklists with questions to ask your care teams to help get you started.
Download these helpful checklists
- Questions to ask leading up to an ALS diagnosis
- Get prepared for your first visit after ALS is confirmed
- Identify & communicate your values for care
- Questions to ask about respiratory symptoms & care
- Questions to ask about physical therapy
- Questions to ask about occupational therapy
- Questions to ask about PEG feeding tubes
- Questions to ask about supportive care
- Questions to ask while interviewing potential caregivers
- Questions to ask a potential home health agency
- Questions to ask about clinical trials
- Questions to ask about a specific clinical trial
You might find these helpful:
Speaking Up for Your Loved One: How to Advocate for your Hospice Patient
This article from TriHealth explains how to advocate for your loved one in hospice.
7 Things to Keep in Mind If a Loved One Has ALS
This article from ALS News Today shares seven important things to keep in mind when your loved ones is diagnosed with ALS.