Community Outreach Team
When: Wednesdays 1pm – 2pm ET
Co-Chairs: Steve Haberstroh (mother is living with ALS)
Mission Statement: To engage, educate and empower ourselves and others for the purpose of creating better care, treatments and cures for ALS.
What do we do:
- Engage, educate and create advocates.
- Assist other I AM ALS volunteer teams in community engagement as it relates to their particular initiatives.
- Raise awareness of ALS and the movement within the ALS community and the general population.
- Created documents, blog posts and resources to help patients, caregivers, and loved ones impacted by ALS — including but not limited to:
- Built local and regional relationships with other ALS organizations.
- Raised awareness of ALS Signal: The Clinical Research Dashboard.
What we are working on now?
- Developing webinars and panel discussions to spread ALS awareness in different communities.
- Working across the ALS community and with various contacts in MLB to create an annual Lou Gehrig Day for MLB to raise awareness for ALS for more information click here.