Work Closely with the I AM ALS Navigation Team to Offer Peer Support
ALS is tough, isolating and comes with a steep learning curve. Connecting with others who have been in your shoes can help.
That’s where you come in. Based on a need we identified in the ALS community in 2019 I AM ALS Navigation built a peer support initiative to connect those impacted by ALS to one another to provide unique support. The peer support initiative recognizes that you are the experts in ALS, and we want to make sure no patient, caregiver or loved one feels alone when navigating this disease. Mentors will share their experiences with ALS and resources that have been helpful to them.
Criteria to become a mentor:
- An adult (18+ years of age) living in the US, and
- Able to communicate over the phone, email, text or video conference, and
- A person diagnosed with ALS, or
- A spouse/partner to someone diagnosed with ALS, or
- An adult child of someone diagnosed with ALS, or
- A caregiver to someone diagnosed with ALS, or
- A spouse/partner or adult child of someone who passed from ALS, or
- A person with a confirmed genetic connection to ALS.
Are you interested in becoming a mentor to others impacted by ALS? Click here to apply to become a mentor and our navigation team will follow up with you.